If you are unsatisfied about the speed of last Mozilla's browser then this is exactly what you need! We are going to set up some options inside the configuration file, to do so the first thing you should do is typing "about:config" in the address bar... You will able to see the Firefox control panel.
Now we need to modify some entries: if you can't find one of these entries then you have to create it (just right click anywhere in the control panel then choose "New" using the proper desired value, remember to use Boolean when it needs to be "True or False"!):
- network.dns.disableIPv6: true
- network.http.max-connections: 48
- network.http.max-connections-per-server: 24
- network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy: 12
- network.http.pipelining.firstrequest: true
- network.http.pipelining: true
- network.http.pipelining.maxrequests: 32
- network.http.proxy.pipelining: true
- nglayout.initialpaint.delay: 0
- network.http.request.max-start-delay: 5
- extensions.checkCompatibility: false
Thanks to the previus changes you will be able to install this extension in Firefox 3 even if it's not officially supported: after downloading the file you just have to open it using Firefox and follow the instructions.
Restart your browser and go to (actually I'm not using the English version so I'm sorry if the following path it's not 100% exactly!) "Tools" > "Add-Ons" > "Chrome Cleaner" > "Options" and then click on the "Clean!" button. Done!